The Arihant Tirthankara Lord Simandhar Swami is currently 150,000 years old, and has a remaining lifespan of 125,000 years. His height is 500 dhanushya (approximately 1,500 feet), which is considered an average height for the people of Mahavideh Kshetra. His body is said to shine with a golden lesya (aura).
The Lord lives in the city of Pundarikgiri, the capital of Pushpakalavati, one of the 32 geographical divisions in Mahavideh. Pundarikgiri is ruled by King Shreyans, who is Lord Simandhar Swami’s father. His mother is Queen Satyaki. While pregnant, she had a sequence of 14 dreams indicating that she would give birth to a Tirthankara. The Lord was born with three complete aspects of Gnan (Self-knowledge):
- Mati Gnan, the knowledge of the five-sense realm
- Shruta Gnan, the knowledge of all forms of communication
- Avadhi Gnan, the clairvoyant knowledge with limitation
As a young adult, He married Rukamani Devi. Later in life, the Lord took diksha (initiation of renunciation from worldly life). At the time of diksha, He attained the fourth complete aspect of Self-knowledge, Manahparyaya Gnan, the knowledge of - and the ability to read - all phases of others’ mind. After spending 1,000 years as a sadhu (ascetic), Lord Simandhar Swami’s ghati karmas (Soul-restricting karmas) got exhausted, and He attained Keval Gnan. Today, surrounding the Lord are:
- 84 Ganadhar (prime disciples)
- 1 million Keval Gnanis (one who have attained Keval Gnan)
- 10 million Sadhu (male ascetics)
- 10 million Sadhvi (female ascetics)
- 10 million Mumukshu (spiritual seekers)
- 200 million Shravak (male devotees)
- 200 million Shravika (female devotees)
Together, these beings serve the Lord’s spiritual mission of unconditionally assisting living beings on the path to moksha. This mission is offered additional spiritual protection by God Chandrayan Yakshadev (Shashan Dev, the divine male protector) and Goddess Panchanguli Yakshinidevi (Shashan Devi, the divine female protector).